WHY CAN'T YOU SEE??

Homosexuals and pagans are not persecuted except in their own minds! You all have the same freedoms we have ... I CAN'T SPEAK FOR THE PAGANS BUT I CAN CERTAINLY SPEAK FOR THE HOMOSEXUALS, THIS WAS QUOTED FROM ONE OF OUR CM MEMBERS IN ANOTHER QUESTION. HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT HOMOSEXUALS DON'T HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS YOU AND I ENJOY, SIMPLE NORMAL CIVIL RIGHTS, LIKE THE ONES TO GET MARRIED, OR THE RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR PARTNER BY YOUR SIDE IN YOUR DEATH BED, OR THE RIGHT TO ADD YOUR PARTNER TO YOUR INSURANCE, ETC...WHY CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE, THAT HOMOSEXUALS DON'T HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS HETEROSEXUALS, AND ALL THEY WANT IS TO BE EQUAL NOT SPECIAL.

Asked by older at 5:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I am so sickened by the way some people use the Bible and so called sin as an excuse to be hateful, judgmental bigots.
    Anyway, I feel that if you pay taxes, you should have the EXACT same rights as everyone else.
    Religion, like politics, is a topic best not discussed with those who are closed minded.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 6:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• There are over 1,000 rights granted by marriage that are not granted by unions. Deny them those rights seems to be a huge discrimination.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I do see that! And I do think they should have the same rights as heterosexuals. They should have the right to be at their lover's bedside when they're passing away! They should have the right to everything heterosexuals have the right to! You can't put a limit on love. It's just wrong!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Older.... I do see but you don't understand.... this is consequences of sin. That is black and white to me. When we disobey God and pervert the creation of One man and One woman. There will be consequences. When we sin that's how it works. I understand your passion but you have to understand how what we sow we will reap. If we sow perversion we will reap the consequences of perversion. I would like you to do me a huge favor Older... go to this site and listen to this Mother/Daughter story. I think it will benefit you. http://blazingfire.podbean.com/ go to Love, Identity and Redemption pt 1 and 2. Take the time to listen to the story and let it minister to you. I will not hint on what its about. Just go listen. :-) I was at this service and I was crying at some points because I could relate to how they were feeling.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have a girlfriend with breast cancer her family has not talked to her in years. Her SO is by her side paying for a lot of the treatment because my friend has no insurance. She is unable to work while taking chemo. Her SO takes her back and forth to all her apointments and holds her while she gets sick after. Her SO will not be allowed at her bed side if whe loses the ability to talk because at that point the family will be allowed to take over. She will not be allowed into the funeral. She will not be allowed to say good bye. All this because the parents disaprove of her being gay. The one person that is there for her and taking care of her when the family refuses is the one that will not be allowed near her when she needs it the most.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• SHANEAGLE777, WHAT DOES GOD OR RELIGION HAVE TO DO WITH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?? THE SO CALLED SIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR CONSTITIONAL RIGTHS! THERE IS NO PERVERSION HERE ONLY IN THE EYES OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I AM SORRY BUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT MAKE UP OUR RIGHTS, THE ISSUE HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION OR THE BIBLE.. IT HAS TO DO WITH EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY AND NOWHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION DOES IT SAY THAT BEING GAY IS A SIN OR PERVERSION.

Answer by older at 5:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Even if you do not agree with homosexuality to say it is any thing like rapping a child or forcing your self onto an animal is horribly wrong. You do realize you are minimizing the horrible tragedy that the victims of childhood rape went through by saying that what happened to them is the same as to adults consenting.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• What about polygamy? What about consenting adults who are related? If love is love where do we draw the line on who gets to participate in marriage. Why only two partners? Why can't a first cousin or two siblings be allowed to marry. Don't say it is because of birth defects the risk is still very low only about a 3 percent chance the normal chance is 1-2 percent chance.

I don't agree with either but feel if we are to give rights to gay people to marry why not others who are discriminated against by marriage only being between one man and one woman. If love is love and we cannot help who we love. Then we cannot help how many we love or if that person is family.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would suggest that in sharing our opinions, we refrain from statements that border on libel. I don't like some comparisons that were just made and I won't say anything more about it.

As someone who has had a civil liberty stripped of me, I can feel for someone who is homosexual and would like to get married (no, I am not gay. I am speaking of a different civil liberty). Just as I cannot help the situation I was born into, does not mean I should be discriminated against, although I am, blatantly. I don't even pretend I can walk in a homosexual's shoes and proclaim what is or isn't their choice. It's between them and God and none of my business.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Older.. let me ask you this.
    Who do you want to serve, God or the constitution?
    When the Constitution was written... religion was involved. I watched a whole thing on it on the History Channel how it was. Note I never said Christianity. I said religion... just in case someone chooses to misread :)
    Older everyone has a right to do anything they want to but it doesn't mean it is wise. As humans they are equal but as homosexuals they aren't. That's as far as I will go with that statement.
    No matter how you choose to paint it... persecution will continue for all groups, all faiths to the end of the age. I choose to pray .... how about you?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009