Make a tip to immigration??

my husband works in a factory making minimum wage and is way overworked and underpaid. there are alot of mexicans working there and im sure some are illegal. would you ever report a place because they are supplying jobs to illegal aliens when millions of americans who were born or raised here need jobs? i wouldnt do it until he found a new job but i think its ridiculous i just wish immigration would show up and take away anyone who doesnt have their green card it isnt fair to the honest people who need jobs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, I would report!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Do you KNOW they are illegal? I think it's up to you and your conscience. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying anything unless I knew for sure.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 5:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Nope... I would not. That is not your place to do that. Those people may have nothing else in their lives... Do you WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE for ruining someone's life? I sure wouldn't. Nope that is not your place.. only Gods!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• there are tons of amicans looking for work and they would have nothin to worry about if they are here legally so i wouldnt feel bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• you'd just be starting problem and starving their families i don't think thats really worth it. plenty of jobs to go around... move to an area that is hiring
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• How extremely selfish of you to even think to do such a thing. If they aren't bothering anyone, who cares.

That's just wrong on every level.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• What people don't understand is that many are cracking down on immigration as a whole. Even green cards don't work anymore, for govt. fears they are being forged. We have a Hispanic neighbor who, with his wife, have current green cards and both work. They have had family who have current green cards get deported (just this past week 2 of his relatives and one friend got deported). All cops (at least in Utah) are asking for "American Papers", which means you have to be born of the US for them to not deport you. Now answer this: is that fair to deport people when they can be legal but because of the crisis to boot them back? They live off of $11 a day down there...can we live like that? I don't think so... I wouldn't report them because it will bite you in the end. Not to mention you may even make enemies.
    pruden5956

Answer by pruden5956 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• "Nope... I would not. That is not your place to do that. Those people may have nothing else in their lives... Do you WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE for ruining someone's life? I sure wouldn't. Nope that is not your place.. only Gods!! "

I have nothing else in my life either, my DH lost his job, we are living with my dad who is in the middle of a divorce and has no access to money, and we can't get a job at McDonald's because we don't speak spanish. We even live in a small town. What about us? It's not our fault we were born here, as it isn't theirs they weren't. But IMHO, I better be able to get the job over someone who isn't even supposed to be here. Even if I'm NOT as qualified! If they're so qualified, why can't they get legality and THEN work? Instead of take food from my family?

Now, I understand that yes, while they may live on $11 a day, they also have different standards of living and things are MUCH MUCH cheaper there.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My grandma's neighbors have 16 people living in a 2bd house, have 10 NICE cars with NICE rims, new boots, etc. Yet they throw toilet paper on the floors?

I think if everyone followed the laws, we'd have less problems. Those of you that don't think people should be deported (that's what the rules say) then we ought to legalize cocaine. In my Bible sin is sin, no matter how bad. A bad thought or action, it doesn't matter. It's still sin. So is not following the law. Law says you have to have papers, you better have papers. If I went to China and worked, I'd have to have papers, or they'd send me home!

"I'm from America, we don't have jobs there, I need to make more money for my family!"

They don't care. I'd be flying coach the first flight back to the US.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• they are deporting all the damn jobs in the us to mexico. i know its cheaper down there but still. and how would i make enemies over an anonymous tip. i really dont care about other people when my husband who has a AA degree is forced to work in a sweat shop making minimum wage. and WHY THE HELL Should we have to speak spanish to get a job in the USA!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009