Are there any places, like websites, where you can look into your genealogy for free?

I really want to make a family tree, going back as far as possible, but I can't afford to pay like $30 a month for something like that. Are there any totally free resources available for things like this?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you a member of my group Gen researchers? There are plenty of resourses available. You just have to know where to look. What you pay for on those sites is convenience. Well worth it IMO but you can look up lots of info from census records, military, marriage, birth records etc etc...

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My dh and I used to live in Mesa,Arizona close to the Mormon Temple. They keep geneology records on everyone.The have all the census records etc. It was totally free for us to go in and look things up. You might want to find out if there is one near you. You don't have to be LDS to go in (and they don't try to convert you,Lol!) My dh and I are Catholic.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Where ever u live go see the LDS temples because they have a butt load of info.. but i have used:
    usgenweb.org
    genforum.genealogy.com

**i have done lots of genealogy on our families so if you need any help getting started -- let me know :D
    shelbell690

Answer by shelbell690 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009