If you daughter or son wanted something and couldnt afford what you got?

I mean like my step daughter went to walmart with me and hb, well the only thing we went there for is diapers but she wanted a toy so she got bcuz she told her dad if she dont get it she will make a seen. So i took my babys stuff bck and i said soemthing like she is nothing but a spoiled brat and my baby aint gonna act the way she do. So mommas of all kinds what would you do?

parisonmom

Asked by parisonmom at 5:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hang on- you didn't buy diapers b/c she wanted a toy?
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 5:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• So why did you give in? What do you think MAKES a spoiled brat? Let her make a scene. The rest of us will look at her like "GET up and SHUT up." (I would even say it if I knew her.) But by giving in, you let her think she is more important then the baby. Sorry, wrong move mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Mommy don't play that! (that is my homage to Homey the Clown) LOL
    I would have told her NO and if she caused a scene so what. I would have marched her out of the store and gone home! If she flopped on the floor and started crying I would have stood there laughing at her. I am serious. My kids don't act that way because I have picked them up and taken them out, when they were little and now they know better.
    If she is keeping the baby from getting diapers the that is a problem.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• First and foremost, you grammar sounds like that of a third grader. I surely hope your children are raised better than that. You sound very uneducated and that could be the reason you made a horrible parenting choice. You didn't buy a necessity because some spoiled little brat would have caused a scene. Did you miss the lessons on WANTS and NEEDS in school? All you are doing is showing her that she has the right moves to manipulate you. Just buy saying she will cause a scene, you gave in easy as that. You are posting this in ages 5-8, which means that she CLEARLY should know better. I can see a two year old trying to pull that card and be cute, but a school aged child, that's just pathetic. You and your husband better step up and learn how to parent, or else you will be the parents constantly called to school for your spoiled little brats conference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My kids wouldn't have got a thing and if they caused a scene they would have been in even more trouble when they got home. My kids NEVER whine about getting stuff at stores (except maybe my oldest but she seems to enjoy being grounded to her room). They ask maybe once or twice and then give up because they know they aren't getting anything and if they keep pestering me they will be in big trouble (grounded, no treats, something taken away at home, no TV, etc). We go through the toy section every single time we are at the store and they still never whine and make a scene. Heck, we even go to Toys r Us just to look around and they know they won't get anything...still no whining. They are 3, 6, 7 and 9 (and the only one that ever throws a fit is the 9yo because she has a behavior problem).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• to all the mothers she isnt my child i cant disipline her and plus her daddy let her get it if it was my choice i would of said NO but i argued about it and he didnt get it so o well..... she gets everything she wants but my baby cant even get what he needed.

if i was her mom i would of tooken her to the bathroom and told her that she throws a fit then who cares but when we get home dont expect to go play expect to be in your room. But she isnt my daughter and i can not do what i need to do with her without getting yelled at. I feel like sense her drug attic mother dont want to be in her life then i shouwl step up but it is hard to bcuz she dont listen. ever sense i been in the house she dont listen to anybody. so mothers aint my fault how she acts it is the fathers she didnt ge in trouble before i moved in and will never so i injored her
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 6:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• *tooken? LMAO

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Wow!
    MommyToAly429

Answer by MommyToAly429 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Um... I don't think so...that child would NOT have gotten a new toy.... and I would NOT have cared how much of a scene she caused...
    YOU actually did not buy the diapers YOU needed bc of that!? I DON'T F'N THINK SO...
    That child would have and I don't give a flying rats ass who thinks other wise, but she would have gotten an ass slap just saying those words wither or not she was a sdd or not...
    YOU are the parent YOU have the say... the CHILD does not...
    I think YOU had better have a talk with your dh and figure out who's in charge...

Good Luck...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• She's a spoiled rotten manipulative brat and you and your husband only have yourselves to blame for that. If she were mine, she WOULDN'T have got the toy, and if she had the nerve to make a scene, she wouldn't be able to sit down for a week when I got done with her. Quit being such a spineless wimp and giving into her selfish demands. You're only making it worse!!

Sheesh, I hope you're prepared for her to beat the crap outta you or worse, when she's a teenager if you don't stand up to her now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009