This is so silly...

I took a pregnancy test about an hour and a half ago, and literally not even a minute goes by and it shows Positive. I do wait the 3 minutes it recommends, and still positive.
So... I'm actually planning on taking another one, lol, because it's killing me. I'll be going to a doc appt next week to confirm...
but anyone else have false HPT's? Anyone know if the Answers brand HPT is good? Anything?
I'm a nervous WRECK!

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 6:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Okay, so I JUST took one, and I'm watching the POS line and the Control Line both turning BRIGHT Pink at the same exact time.
    Probably safe to say that I'm pregnant. Go Sawyer Clan.. lol
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I am a medical lab tech. I don't understand why people buy and do more than one pregnancy test. One is all you need. One is all that is done in hospital labs and they use the same kind of tests you can buy in a drug store. Pregnancy tests detect pregnancy so early that there is nothing a doctor can do to confirm. She can't do an exam and feel and change. She can't hear a heartbeat. One positive pregnancy test is all you need.

There are some very unusual things that can cause false positives. Do you want to know about those? Does it tell you about those in the instructions?

The pregnancy test people must be glad women buy multiple tests!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• OOPS! Forgot to say congratulations!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• GailllAZ - with my last pregnancy, my son didn't show up on HPT radar until I was 7 weeks. I got one positive that was kind of iffy to me.. then I took one, and it was negative. Finally, I gave up - went to my doc.
    Did a blood test - negative. Ultrasound - there he was.

So, i was definitely overanxious with this one. :] Hence my parade of tests.
    And thank you!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Aw congrats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's really unusual! False negatives on the blood test are very rare. I bet you were worried that pregnancy! I hope everything is more straightforward this time. If you don't have bleeding assume you are pregnant.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Congrats!!!! I also took one that took about the same time it took for me to wipe and flush to turn positive. I knew I was....well, not KNEW...but I felt that I was.

Either way, Congrats!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Same thing happened to me with my daughter and now with baby #2. The pink line showed up right away. Congrats!
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 12:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2009