Amityville Horror

Real or Hoax?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't believe everything that the Lutz family said happened, happened but I do believe that something happened that the police lied about. Dmajs, I've been to that site, it's an awesome site. One thing I found interesting was the picture of the 7th body which was pictured face up in the defeo basement. Interesting too, that all the bodies were face down in their beds. There was also gun powder found on the oldest sister, so she may have been involved.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I am up in the air about that.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Hoax.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Google it and see what the true events that inspired the event were. I might do that here, you bring up a good question. When I was younger I always believed the whole movie was true when it said based on true events, lol. Then recently, I watched The Strangers (totally creepy, BTW) but the only part of the movie that was true was the people breaking into the vacation house of a wealthy family.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I do believe that something supernatural occured I just don't believe it was in such a way the movie showed it.. Hollywood always has to make things bigger than what they are.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• http://www.amityvillemurders.com/

They say it really did happen here is the website about it. Quotes from the New York daily news about the trial,murder,etc.
    Dmajsmommy9396

Answer by Dmajsmommy9396 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think parts are true, just like texas chainsaw, it was inspired by a true story but the truth is far from what is in the movie...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm not sure I'm all about spooky things, and I've been to places people told me were haunted and I didnt see anything. I dont know if I would ever go inside that house if I had the chance though...I'll take people's word for it.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The murder did actually happen in a house here in Long Island, New York in the town of Amityville. I don't know if the house was really haunted though.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The movie is BASED on a true story, that doesn't mean everything in the movie is true. (as with any "based on a true story" movie)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009