How can I get my toddler to like cows milk?

I've also tried Soy milk but she doesnt like that either.

Jenof3

Asked by Jenof3 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't force your child to like something they don't have a taste for. You CANNOT make them like something. If it is diary in their diet you are worried about, see if they like chocolate milk. Skinny Cow and Horizon Organic Milk are really good!!! You can give it to them as a treat. Yes, they do get their dairy from it. Also, cheese/yogurt/eggs are also sources of dairy. Just don't try and force them to like something. It just makes it harder on you.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Toddlers don't have to drink milk. In many societies children don't drink milk. She could eat yogurt, frozen yogurt, cheese, custard, puddings, ect. If she doesn't like these she can drink calcium fortified juice.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• She gets her dairy just fine..she still BF's when tired or for comfort, (Im hoping to wean her by 2 yrs old) my concern is she only like juice and the enamel on her front tooth is wearing off...I want to have her drink milk but as of now she doesnt like it.
    Jenof3

Answer by Jenof3 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Try even Pediasure....it comes in different flavors also
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My 19 month old does not like milk either. Well, until this week it seems. He always would turn his nose up at it. He quit his bottles earlier than planned because I mixing milk with his formula (which worked fine for his brother) When I got to half milk and half formula he refused the bottle and wouldn't take one or drink milk since. He was on soy formula and didn't like soy milk either. This week he has decided to like chocolate milk (which we tried many times before and he never liked it) So I am hoping to go from there and keep making it more white and less chocolate until it is all white milk. He also will not drink straight water so he has had a lot of juice. My mil who watched him while I was working would give him just juice but I always diluted it. Now that I am not working I have him just drinking maybe a quarter juice (if that) and the rest water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Just offer plenty of other dairy products and foods. It's no big deal if they don't drink milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• im having the same problem and i was told there are other ways to have her get dairy. yogart,pudding,cheese.i use those breakfast mixes that you mix with milk and my lil one seems to like those.im breastfeeding and would like to stop..but doesnt look like any time soon for me.i dont know how my sis did it,she said she just ran out of formula one day..lol try warming the milk up
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• about the teeth thing ask her doc about floride drops
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It is fine if she doesn't want to drink milk. My 19 month old only nurses and drinks water.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 4:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2009