OB classes?

Just curious. :) Are you gals taking any childbirth classes? This is my first... I am thinking about taking a childbirth class ( I am taking the epidural), a CPR classes and a breastfeeding class. Any one doing a car seat class or sibling class or any classes? this is just for fun really.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is a new Family & Friends CPR Anytime Personal Learning Program you can get from the American Heart Association that comes with a little training doll. People using the kit do as well as people taking CPR. It's $35 and can be used over and over. It only takes 22 minutes. Grandparents and sitters could do it. Great investment.

A breastfeeding class or La Leche League meetings are a great idea.

Not all women can have an epidural. You might be in labor and find out you can't have one. I can't because of a back problem. Sometimes labor is too fast. The doctor might not be available. It's not always as simple as "I'm going to have one."

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We took a Childbirth Class, a Breastfeeding Class, and a Caring for You and Baby Class. We're taking an Infant CPR Class this month.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• never took any classes. just borrowed books and movies from the library and read and read till i felt ready.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 8:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I didn't with my first. The nurses will tell you everything to do anyways.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2009