Help me with my 19 month old artist!!

Okay,so my 19 month old discovered the wonderful world of coloring about two months ago and now likes to color on EVERYTHING.I put out paper in front of her and she wont use it.I tell her no.Paper only.Things like that.She doesn't care.I put her in time out after time out.I'm at a loose on what to do.My son never did that as a young child.My kitchen and dinning room floor is coverd in marker,pencil,and crayons.I can't get the marker up.LolWater proof my butt!lol.Please ladies!Any ideas?How did you get your child/children to stop coloring on things?

elly25

Asked by elly25 at 6:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take the crayons,pencils,markers, etc. away until she will listen.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I threw everything away and bought Crayola Color Wonders products.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ok all washable crayons and markers mom and my son never did that but the way i thought him was the" yes yes no no" book by leslie patricelli
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i have bought the Crayola Color Wonder products and she likes to eat them.I thought that I put them up where she could not reach them,but she still finds a way to get a hold of something.I have looked every where for her stash of colors and I can't find them.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The magic eraser will remove all of it off of your walls and furniture. Try it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Thank you for that.Are those the one with the bald guy on them?Mr.Clean guy?
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Do you have any concrete? You can get chalk and make coloring an outdoor activity.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 7:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• out side we do.she loves to play with chalk.she also likes to eat it. ewww!!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009