Son sneezing fits. Severe!

DS age 4.5 has oral allergy syndrome w/ allergies to maple, tomato, & kiwi and also asthma. Getting worse & worse is this mystery sneezing though. It happens in his room, the bathtub, the park, Grandpa's, restaurant, walmart, u name it. Violent sneezing fits that seize and shake his entire body and whips his head around. Benadryl has been useless and the dr doesn't seem to "get it"... just wants more and more Benadryl to be tried. Plus it's SO out of the blue I cannot really plan for it or anticipate it. Any1 else had this happen?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• Start keeping a journal of what he's doing, what he's wearing, who he's around, who he's been around in the last half hour or so, where you're at, things like that. You may start to see a pattern and be able to prevent or slow down the sneezing attacks. It'll probably take a while, but it'll be worth it if you can figure out what's triggering them. (My cousin's baby would randomly break out in hives and she had to do this to discover what she was allergic to. Turned out to be the combination of my cousins deodorant and perfume. If the baby snuggled too much, or my cousin got just a bit too much perfume on, the LO would break out.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009