We are thinking of moving to Orlando Fl, tell me about it...please

As I said we are thinking of moving, if we do my husband will already have a job. we live in Tucson Az now tell me good or bad about Orlando and surroundong areas. Thank you in advance.

ronvon

Asked by ronvon at 7:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Travel

• It's very busy, it's where all the Disney and Universal studios are
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• They have hurricane worries in the area. It might be cool to live near the tourist spots.

Answer by Bmat at 7:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It's SO busy, especially on the interstate. But it's SO much frickin fun. I'm sure residents don't like it as much as tourists do, but oh holy crap I could stay there forever. There's an old-timey amusement park called Old Town there, it's a lot of fun and it's a nice change of pace from stuff like Sea World and Disney World.

I would live there if I could stand the crowds and the heat. The big difference for you, having come from Tuscon, is that Orlando has wet, humid heat instead of hot dry heat. Unless it doesn't bother you, it can be sorta miserable. I guess you get used to it if you live there.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I lived in Tampa for 23 years, it's about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando. A lot of Tampa residents flock up there on the weekends just for a change of scenery or to go to Disney or another surround attraction. I pass through it on my way up to Savannah, GA after visiting fam in Tampa. The interstates are definitely crowded and as with any city, hell during rush hour. Florida is pretty humid, but in my opinion, it's more bearable here than the Savannah summers I have endured, only because up there is just plain dry heat. The winters can get pretty cold, but hey, this is coming from a natural born Florida girl :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ****Caitxrawks****..........................I LOVE OLD TOWN TOO!!!! Aghhhhh , i can't wait to go back.

OP >>everyone is different, but i did talk to a lot of the locals just to see what its like to live there. They said that more than half the people there are tourist and it can get annoying sometimes but only the bright side, there are always jobs. Thats what they told me....... anyways good luck whatever you decide. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'd look at Monster.com for a link that compares city prices, crime rates, housing rates, etc. I'd also post this on Fodors.com where locals can really help with schools, neighborhoods, any specifics. It's a good source of info.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• If you live in some of the out lying areas it is wonderful. I lived there for 15 yrs as a kid and they have wonderful schools. Ck out areas like Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Winter Park. They have some of the best school in the Orlando area but you are away from all the attractions but you are only a short drive to the beaches, you are close to shopping, malls, schools, and when all the tourist are gone for the summer you get discounts to the parks and can enjoy them without all the crowds.
    angel_6178

Answer by angel_6178 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009