seven months and not lactating??

how late are you suppose to lactate? i want to breastfeed but im seven months now and no slwollen boobs or anything.. my moms makes me paranoid cuz she says i wont be able to cuz she just knows everything! (says sarcastily) but i am healthy and take really good care of myself...

wickedclownmomi

Asked by wickedclownmomi at 7:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my milk didnt come in til my DD was 3-4 days old, dont worry this is normal. It is actually uncommon for women to lactate during pregnancy. I succesfully BF my DD for a year, without lactating during pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh hunny this is SO normal! You WILL be able to breastfeed! You may start producing colostrum (premilk) soon- and you may not! I did not with my daughter until she was born and with my son I started earlier. This time I'm still nursing my son so I still have my milk throughout pregnancy. However it can take up to FIVE days for your mature milk to come in after the baby is born and your baby will be JUST fine on your pre milk! I bet if you squeeze your nipple a bit some colostrum would come out ;-) Don't worry- you CAN breastfeed!
    Habibti812

Answer by Habibti812 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i didn't have anything til after both my kids were born. with my daughter my milk came in the next day with my son it took about 4 days to come in. you'll be fine, some women start to lactate before baby is born but not all.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• it happens after the birth

Answer by admckenzie at 7:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Everyone's different. With #1 --I don't recall lactating until AFTER the baby was born. #2 , I started around the 9th month, and with #3, it started right before I had her.
    Don't sweat it... you'll do fine. Believe me, if I can breastfeed...ANYONE can breastfeed..LOL
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Your mom obviously doesn't know everything. Your milk doesn't come in until after birth. Try this link to help you with some of your questions and also look for a lactation consultant. Sounds like good ole mom will have you formula feeding if you go to her for advise.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/index.html

SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 8:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• milk doesnt come in until 3-4 days after delivery.... dont worry you'll do fine PLEASE PLEASE find a LLL group and join and go before baby gets here YOU WILL NEED THE SUPPORT
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009