Is it possible?

Is it possible for a man to "Love" you and be there for you and your baby, but still cheats? I've always believed all men cheat and my mother always told me to just make sure your the woman on top of his list, his #1. But I feel like its not enough. He's here for me but when I find out about his other women it drives me nuts. I've spoken to his mother about this problem and she said she went through the samething with his father already.

katsogrimey

Asked by katsogrimey at 7:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope. Cheating is the ultimate form of betrayel and disrespect IMO.. I dont' think someone who says they love you can mean it if they are out screwing other people.. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I think that is the worst thing to happen in a marriage and it would surely end mine in a second. Family values and trust are IMPORTANT! If you don't have trust- You have NOTHING to go forward on!
    Habibti812

Answer by Habibti812 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• yup it is possible

Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• " Family values and trust are IMPORTANT! If you don't have trust- You have NOTHING to go forward on! "

Your absolutly right.

katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 7:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I suppose it's possible that he does love you and your child. However he isn't committed to you, and that's where he's went wrong... I would put an end to it. It's obvious that it hurts you (ofcourse), and you nor your child should have to live that life...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 7:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• *hug*
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You and your child don't need a man. You don't need a cheating man.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• " However he isn't committed to you, and that's where he's went wrong... "

There goes the official keyword.

katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 7:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• No if a man truly loves you he will not cheat on you. I would NEVER put up with my husband cheating on me. You shouldn't either. I hate when I see women who put up with their husbands/boyfriends cheating. You are worth so much more that that. You need and deserve a man who will love you, and want only you.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Gosh where to begin...Ok, I think men are capable of a lot of things that we don't give them credit for. Some good..some not so good. In this case (cheating), I do believe that he can love you and your child but still cheat. Why? I don't think too many men (IMO) think of love and sex as one and the same. Sure, they can "say" they love you...or the other women if the case may be, BUT I honestly think a man can and WILL tell women (even his wife/girlfriend) that he loves them, and still go have sex with someone else. As women, we associate sex with love. Men don't...plain and simple. They can't think with both "heads" at the same time....Wow that sounded bitter didn't it?
    I've been hurt. I've been cheated on while engaged to my current Husband. Don't ya love how I say "Current " husband. ...LOL, but deep down even after 14 years together I do believe he loves me and our children. Does he cheat??? I honestly don't know.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i was a stripper for 14 years. i think cheating is disgusting and disrespectful. but for some reason, there are alot of men who love their wife n kids and chase women. this is something that has ripped my heart for years. there r some men that would never think of it, but not too many- and other men pressure them about it. if your man comes home from work every day and doesn't go out at night or spend time with other guys,then he is not looking or prone to it. i don't understand it, but it's very very common. And for women who say their man would never cheat, or that they "wouldn't stand for it", are sadly unrealistic- or believe that men think the same way women do-they generally don't...If your man cheats- or seems like he may want to- if u make it CRYSTAL CLEAR that he will lose you- & he loves you- then he will most likely make his choice to straighten up his act. but from wat i've seen-if they can get away w/it they will
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009