Spelling

I like cafemom because I can get tips, advice or just a laugh. I hate it when someone has a problem and is trying to reach out and all people can come back with is their spelling. who cares if she wrote seen instead of scene, you know what she was trying to say. This is not a job interview, it's cafemom. why cant we just lighten up a bit and just give good advice instead of being so mean and nasty? Have a good day ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• there bitches
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• because this place is full of people who think that their lives are perfect and they have no problems so they look down on people who look to people in similiar situations. but there are alot of lovely ladies that do help and im grateful for them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I cee you're point but you have to understand that it get's pretty hard to read what people right when they used the wrong words or misspell the words. There is a spell checker on cafemom four a reason. Also things can be interpertured differantly baced on how the words are spelled because differant words have differant meanings. Their are some people that just don't care about spelling or words and that's understandeble but if they reelly want help it would bee benniefical to they if their use the write words so them can get the helpfull advise they want.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL Legalmommy. <333!!!
    First of all, I'm probably a bitch, no doubt about that. However, never have I looked down on someone, or thought my life was absolutely perfect. God, it's so far from that... but it's my life and I love it. With that said... just like everyone has their pet peeves, spelling can be a major thing. So can grammar. I'm not the best at grammar - I have moments where I don't add anything... nor do I generally make sense.
    But I also believe that with the role of being a mother, you should at least have some incentive to spell basic words correctly and have decent grammar. After all, aren't your kids going to lean on you with homework? That's my philosophy. With a child, there should just be some basic things that follow hand in hand. I don't expect anyone to be Einstein, nor do I think "stupid people" should not have kids...
    But people who spell words that you learn in grade school is preposterous.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Plus... as mentioned, there IS spell check. :/
    I don't go around being the Spelling and Grammar Nazi... but it does highly annoy me. But I'm not on here to judge - just provide insight to questions! :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I AM THE WORLDS WORST SPELLER I GET CRAP ALL THE TIME! THANK YOU 4 SPEAKN OUT 4 US ILLERTATE < THATS SPELLED WRONG> PEOPLE OUT HERE! i freakn went to a school of 200 people prk-12 my graduating class was 19 people i am country as all hell and from louisiana you cant expect me to be smart...
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Because this lady sounds like an idiot! I take it this is where you came from ;)

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/261402/If_you_daughter_or_son_wanted_something_and_couldnt_afford_what_you_got
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree I only get on the people who are being rude when it comes to spelling. Although spell check does not catch everything!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• HA! I read that post . . . OPs spelling was bad, but another poster's spelling was so atrocious I could NOT understand it.

I can't stand when the entire post is written in text speak. I can even handle a couple spelling errors--hell, I make them myself from time to time. But basic words like "because (bcuz)," "pregnant (pregnate)" etc should not be spelled wrong. It is basic knowledge. While I understand not everyone is great at spelling, or has not had the benefits of a good education, or are learning English as their second language, I do feel that basic things need to be spelled right. A lot of writing on cafemom just seems like lazy typing. I cannot read it, and I feel bad I can't because I WOULD like to help people.

However, I tend to just leave a post, instead of belittling someone because of it. As I said, I DO understand there are reasons why people cannot spell. And there are others who don't even try to spell.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• OP here. lol, that's exactly where I got it from. I understand that sometimes I'm unable to understand what someone is trying to say when they spell so badly, but if I have to sweat just to try to understand, I move on to the next post. I hate when someone is belittled for a shortcoming. we all have them. I cringe everytime my teenager asks for math help, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009