Am I going nuts or would this bug you too?

I feel like I'm obsessing over this issue and I don't want to talk it out with too many people because it is a sensitive issue but.. My sister in law called and told me she found live lice on all 3 of her girls. Of course I freaked a bit having had it when I was in 5th grade and never want to deal with it again. I have 5 kids of my own and I just never thought I'd have to deal with it again. I had just babysat them over the weekend and they had been over several times in the past month and my daughter even had slept at their house. So I naturally checked all my kids and cleaned my whole house just as precaution. Ok then I was going to have to babysit them again because she was in a wedding last weekend. So she calls to say the girls are "all clean" no bugs or eggs. I was a little apprehensive but I said ok. Well their father dropped them off and left and I immediately checked their heads. Full of eggs!!!! Then when I looked...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• Lice are a PIA

I know what youre saying but it's not anything more then a royal PIA

I wouldnt have done what she did to you but you know family they think they can get away with anything ..... get tea tree oil soaps to help ward them off your kids
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It's lice, not the end of the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Then when you looked...? Is there more to this? :/ I'm lost!

But yes, it wouldn't only drive me nuts but royally piss me off. 5+ people in the house with the potential to get lice... that makes me shudder. She should've been considerate and checked thoroughly...or not lied. Whatever it had been, it's pretty inconsiderate.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• There is nothing youcan really do to make sure your kids never get it. Other than never bathe your kids b/c lice only like clean hair. They are bound to be exposed to them in school anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• closer their were tons of tiny nymphs crawling all over. I was just livid! Needless to say I spent 7hours washing and picking nits out of their hair until she picked them up. We agreed it wasn't a good idea for them to stay and spend the night (duh). Now she says she retreated them and again "all clean" she hasn't spent one full day at home all week. She's had them out everyday around other children and hasn't let any of them know what has gone on with them. Two days ago my daughter and her daughter we're at the same function together and I couldn't keep them off each other so I quickly put my daughters hair in a braid and I nonchalantly put her daughters up(she wasn't with her daughter at the time). Am I being overprotective in thinking she should have kept the kids home until she was 100% sure they didn't have this anymore especially being around other children? And not even bothering to put their long hair up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• she absolutely should not have brought them over. inconsiderate and gross. its a pain to get rid of, and will only cycle back and forth. it is ridiculous that she did this. she needs reported for neglect.
    it is neglect to knowingly not treat your children from this. what a nasty pig she must be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I mean she apologized up and down I just don't understand how you miss that many eggs and live lice. She is a beautician no less! And she tells me "yeah we must have just caught it in time" that's bull! Those kids had to have had it atleast a month with the amount of lice and eggs on their heads. Theres no way it was only a week. Then when she came and picked them up finally she was making light of it. I couldn't believe it. Then come to find out the older daughter she had with her at the salon she was getting her hair done at I said well you better check her because the other two have eggs and live ones and she says Oh I just got done with her hair and she has none. Come to find out two days later she admits yeah she was loaded with them. She took those girls to a wedding reception that evening. How many people do you think they got hugs from? I really just hope this ends cuz I don't want it coming to my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would NOT be babysitting again. She was wrong to bring her kids around other people when the lice was not gone. She needs to get the meds from a doctor to really get rid of the lice. She needs to wash all her linens and stuffed animals thoroughly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009