Veteran's question...?

Our family will be getting DEERS ID cards - which will show that he was military - retired, and get us free healthcare.... is what I'm lead to believe. :/
Anyone have any information on this?
I just found out I was pregnant, and I'm slightly confused as to what the hell is going to happen?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 8:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your sponsor will have to pay an annual fee of $460 for your family. After that, everything else is covered. Once you are in DEERS and have your ID card, you can sign up for Tricare Prime or Tricare Standard. After that is taken care of, you will be able to pick a provider in the network. There are perks with both prime and standard. With Standard you can see anyone, but you will have to pay deductibles. They aren't really that expensive. With Prime, you don't have to pay for anything. There's no enrollment fee for active duty, but retirees have to pay that $460. You can go to www.tricare.osd.mil for more info. And congrats on your pregnancy..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009