clothing

If your gonna be outside all day, how do you dress your baby, say a 4 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends... boy or girl?
    I have a boy - and I dress him in tank top and light shorts - or a t-romper. Slather him up with sunblock and sit him in the shade with his toys. Or if we're walking around.. the same, just... running around.

With a girl, I'd imagine roughly the same thing. Maybe a cute dress?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• at this age for the summer i started heavy-ish.... onesie, pants, sweater. and as the day warmed up off came the sweater 1st and then the pants later on.

in the summer with my babies, though, i ad the air blasted in the car so i always dressed them a bit heavier so they didnt get a chill
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If it is a hot day I dress my daughter in a dress because I think dresses are cooler than onsies and shorts. If it is a cool day (not cold, not hot) I dress her in shorts and a onsie. If it is on the cooler side out, pants, onsie, and jacket.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my baby goes out nakie, but out of the sun!

otherwise, he's in a t-romper.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Just dress him/her like you dress yourself, according to the weather, and bring some extra stuff just to be safe. Like a blanket or a sweater to put over. In general, when you want to know if the baby is warm or cold, you feel their back, and that will tell you if you need to take someclothes off or put some more on.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2009