Did you ever feel let down when you were finding out the gender of your baby?

Did you ever feel like you wanted one gender and had made it up in your mind that was what you should be having and if/when you found out you werent having that gender child, were you disappointed?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, although I would never, never let my boys know it. In the end It all turned out exactly the way it was supposed to. I am so happy to be the mom of 2 boys. Everything has a purpose. Please don't feel guilty for having those feelings. It is normal and understandable. take care.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• No, but I've seen it happen. It's sad though. Let me tell you a little story, that's true. A man in my husband's town wanted a boy. He had five girls, then finally, a boy. When that boy turned 18, he committed suicide. He had said he couldn't live up to his father's expectations. What we wish for isn't always what's meant to be.

Answer by NomadSara at 9:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• NO, I can't say I have. I know of others that were 100% shocked at thier ultrasound or what not. But I never cared if the baby was a boy or a girl. So since it never mattered to me it never bothered me.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My husband and I really wanted a boy, but we had a little girl. I love her so much and I'm not disappointed. I believe that what's meant to be is what will happen... we will try, try again though!

Answer by msp12r at 9:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i was actually wanting to ask this very same question. I have a 3 yo girl and for some reason i just had my heart set on another girl. when i learned it was a boy i was kinda disappointed in a way... kinda glad i'm not the only one out there

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• When i found out i was going to have a daughter i did feel alittle let down because i was hoping for a boy but i knew in my heart i would love her as much as if i was having a boy i think we tend to hope for one thing and when it dosnt turn out the way we want it we tend to get that feeling of dissapointment....

Answer by mommy113088 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I felt that way for a minute with my first. Then with my second I felt it for a couple days. I was SO mad at myself for feeling that way. What ended up helping was I bought the cutest little clearence snowsuit for the baby. I had both boys. Now I'm pregnant again and I'm not sure I want to find out this time. I figure you can't feel that way after they come out! Also in my head I'm planning another boy. The odds have it that we will! If it comes out a girl well then I guess we'll have to go shopping! LOL

Answer by Lynette at 10:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have 2 girls, and my ultrasound is scheduled for July 3rd. I had no sisters and I am not sure how I will handle a 3rd girl, I really want a I will let ya know after I find

Answer by koodie78 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2008