What is your opinion of this quote about pagans?

"They are in the wrong. They lack wisdom, compassion, self-discipline, and any morals whatsoever. They are witches ... what do you expect from them?We grew up with witches; you know how they react to anything and everyone. Their impish hearts are black, they have no conscience, and therefore their actions are dark."

Does this sound like a Christian woman to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but I suspect you knew that. ; )
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If a Christian said that .... I am grieved. That is NOT the heart of the Father. We are to speak LIFE not DEATH and there is power in the spoken tongue. Honestly that comment was a curse... need I say more?

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Well it sounds like someone doesn't like us Pagans...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It sounds to me like hatred, demonization, prejudice, ignorance, I could go on . . .

I think that when people come to this point in their feelings about any group of people, it is dangerous. I think that when beliefs become this hostile the results are violence. I also think that someone who has these feelings is in sin. They are warned of this type of anger by the Lord Himself.

Jesus says, "But I say, if you are angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the high council. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell." Matt. 5:21 This verse is talking about ungoverned and unreasonable anger.

And the phrase, "They have no conscience" clearly contradicts scripture (Romans 1).

I think it is one thing to disagree with pagan beliefs, it is another thing to hate pagans.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• A true Christian? no, a true Christian follows with love.

someone delusional and filled with bitterness and hate, yes. Definitely.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• What is my opinion of that quote?

I think the person who said that needs to apologize and go to Confession.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 9:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I find the comment pathetic and hilarious.

It is obvious that the person who is throwing out the insults is very much describing herself.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• "It is obvious that the person who is throwing out the insults is very much describing herself. "

I was hoping someone would point that out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think she is gravely mis-informed and unbelievably intolerant. That said, as much as I dislike her words, she has a right to say them. I just pray she isn't teaching her children such ignorance!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Sounds spot on to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009