Oh god...how will I deal with this??

After reading the question about the 4 y/o girl, I am a little nervous for when my DD gets older. How do you deal with stuff like that? Do you really tell them its ok to do? OMG, I dont want to deal with that at all! What makes girls do that so young, and how do they know how to do that at so young???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• a clue as to what you are talking about please... :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i really dont know but i did it at 7 i would hump my pillow lol idk y it just felt good and in doing that it doesnt make you have sex earlier. i didnt lose my virginity til i was 17
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• lol ALL KIDS DO IT.. its nothing to worry about. its normal u try to ignore it. but if they do, do it a lot or around ppl then u can try to explain u dont do that in front of ppl. they should grow out of it by the time puberty hits but then comes real sex lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree with prior anoymous. Kids know very early on sometimes what feels good. Just be very open & honest with your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• gross
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• embarrassed

lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• MY THREE YEAR OLD NIECE FOUND A PLEASURE POINT FOR NAPPING AND WOULD WAKE UP HER WHOLE PRESCHOOL CLASS FROM THE NAPS WITH HER MOANS! I NEVER ENCOUNTERED THIS BEFORE, I HAD TWO GIRLS, FREAKED OUT WHEN I WAS TOLD ABOUT IT, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE A NATURAL WAY WITH SOME TODDLERS.

Answer by older at 9:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Well think of it this way. If you tell DD NOT to ever touch herself, despite the pleasurable feeling it gives her, it can have a great many negative reprecussions. For example, being ashamed, guilty, not being able to communicate w you. Really, I think when that time comes, we should direct our children to use their private parts in private and let them know that all of their body part are special and beautiful, and that doing things that feel good is natural and okay at certain times.
    Some children use this to self-soothe. This is a totally normal natural thing. But, if it becomes compulsive perhaps there are outside stressors that may want to be considered, and new coping/soothing methods can be encouraged.
    That said, self exploration is important in self esteem. Low self esteem correlates highly w early sexual relationships. Best to embrace the innocent pleasures by teaching appropriate times/places for such.
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 9:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It's normal. You should never tell them it's dirty. Just by your reaction to it, it sounds like somewhere you got the message that it is dirty. It's not, it's normal. You just teach your children there is a time and place for everything.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• What... not sure about the post, but if its a touching themselves thing. Shoot.... at 4 I'm just starting to get my dd to slow down. She discovered herself WAAAAAY b/f.
    I have a gen. rule.... private things in private, and you have to wash your hands (she says after and I'm trying to get her to understand before and after). LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009