If you go to another state can you still get your WIC?

We live in Louisiana and get WIC. If we were to go to Georgia for a month or 2 can we get our WIC there or is it only in Louisiana?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• THEY ARE GOING FOR ONLY A MONTH OR TWO.. do u people just half ass read stuff...anyways u can only use it where you live. bc it has the state on it. i dont think they will let u transfer bc its only for 1 or 2 months. You would have to say u live there. But if u have food stamps u might be able to use them in GA to get what the baby needs. sometimes u cant use EBT in other states its strange how it works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• you can not use your wic checks in ga
    but you can apply for wic in ga and if you are getting it now you should be able to get it there too
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• every state has wic you just have to look it up when you move :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You have to transfer.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm pretty sure you can't use WIC coupons unless you're in the state...
    I'm not totally sure though, call your local Wic office and ask.
    Tell them what's going on, and that you will still need it while you're
    away...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 9:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Well it's not for me it's for a girl I know and she's not moving there she's just going for a month or 2 and she was making sure she packed her WIC folder and I didn't think you could use it in another state but I didnt know for sure becuase I never had WIC, but I do know a little about it. Thank you guys for your help :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I am so sorry I'm worried about my sister and a little distracted right now, anon. There's no reason to be a butthole.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I live in Wyoming. I usually go to Illinois for a month or two during the summer. Although I haven't done so yet, I was told by my local office that if I needed to I could transfer it to Illinois and back again when I come home. I was told it was fairly simple to do.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You have to sign up in the area where you have moved. You even have to sign up again if you move from one county to another county in the same state.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2009