sleeping arrangements/bedrooms? (who is where)

My kids each have their own room, we're using what SHOULD be the master bedroom as a formal playroom and DH and I have been sleeping on the theater seating recliners like morons for 2mos now since we moved here. On his next days off we're taking our room back though!

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• WHY are your children using the Master's Bedroom as a playroom?! Why can't they use either their bedrooms, or living room, basement, dining room, etc? You are the parents, this is YOUR home--your children are just lucky to live there! LOL Take back your room, and MAKE them have to play in their bedrooms, or designate a room on the first floor or basement (idf you have one) for playing! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:30 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• we have a 1br apt, we are saving to get a house whenever we find stable jobs lol. we have our bed and his crib in there idk whats gonna happen when he gets older though
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We are in the process of buying a house. When we get it, my hubby and I will be in the master, my daughter will be in the room across the hall. The third bedroom is downstairs (split level) and will be a playroom. When we have our next little one, the kids will probably share a room, with their toys downstairs, unless I'm feeling very brave and want to put my daughter (will be 4 by then) downstairs. Depending on when we get pregnant (we're on fertility meds and have some deployments coming up) she could be 5 by then, and might be downstairs, we'll see.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We live in a three bdrm house and we have the baby and us in the master bdrm and the other two rooms are empty. Our DD is 14 months old and I'm just ready for her to be in the bdrm next to ours yet.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We have a 2 bedroom house on base, so my husband and I have our room and our son has his own room. My husband just picked up rank so we're now eligible for NCO housing so as soon as I get pregnant, we're going to apply for a 3 bedroom NCO house.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• hmmm my husband and I have the master bedroom with master bath and each of my kids have their own rooms. In fact my oldest child actually has the largest room.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house with an office and a loft. Downstairs is the office, guestroom and a bathroom. Upstairs is master/masterbath, loft, spare bedroom and ds's room and the bathroom that adjoins his room and the spare room.
    The upstairs rooms are split off from the master though.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We have a three bedroom house and it's just us with a baby due at the end of the month. One bedroom is the computer room and that is also the guest bedroom. One bedroom will be our daughter's room and then we have the master.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We have a 2bd/2ba house. We have the master bedroom and our 17 month old son has his own room. We are saving to get a bigger house right now.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh, and we have two children and a 5BR/4BA house--the boys each have their own room, we have our room, my husband uses one bedroom as an office, and the 5th bedroom is a guest room. We have a finished basement which is the kids' playroom. When our boys were young--infant/toddler age, and prior to finishing the basement, I let the kids use the formal living room as their playroom.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2009