Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support?

ok so i kicked my hubby out and went for medical and FS and i got approved well now we are back together i let him move back in on friday, well i know they started the child support stuff through the state, do i just cal my worker to tell her i dont need her to do that anymore cause he is back in the picture ? is it that simple seeing how we are married?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I would keep things going just to make sure things are'nt gonna get bad again. You will lose your FS and medical when you call them so I would really be sure that things are gonna work out between you two. Also If you call and tell them that things are all fine and great then 2-4 months down the road he leaves and you go to get FS and medical again they may tell you that you have to wait. I know the state I live in has something along the lines of that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • You can call and make the changes if you are sure he's there to stay. Some people keep the child support going even when they live together if the other person frequently leaves.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • why not leave the child support order intact
    if you stay together the money is coming into yor house hold anyway

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • op here- ok dumb question.. but i dont have any bank account how would i claim the child support?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Many guys move back in to get you to stop that child support. Like the other poster said, make sure he is going to stay before you make that call. They pay you by debit card (or they do in FL and KY). I'm guessing other states do it as well. They create the account and send you the card.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • agree with EVERYONE

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009