when did you stop using DREFT or IVORY when washing your babies clothes?!

my son is 6 months old....i have always washed his clothes with DREFT. i was curious as to when people stop using different detergent to wash their baby's clothes?

smb87

Asked by smb87 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am waiting till she is a year and seeing what happens. She has super sensitive skin and if my mom has her and she forgets to wash the big blanket that she has for floor time with the baby soap, she gets red.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I never used anything but Gain on any of my kids clothes. I wanted to use the Dreft but it was just too expensive, honestly. I would say you can switch at any time, just be sure to watch for any type of allergic reaction, like a rash on the baby.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 9:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 9 months

Ivory is the worst most irritating soap out there I landed my DD in the hospital using it!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Ehh I stopped with Dreft when she was around three months old. I used All Free & Clear until she was six months old. Now I wash all her clothes with mine and we use regular old detergent.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i never used either i use an all natural laundry soap
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i use a free and clear its much cheaper and works the same
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have always used tide and i have always washed are clothes with my DD. Yes she has senetive skin also but so does'nt my SO.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i also used a free and clear soap. but to be safe started out just washing baby clothes alone with half the normal amount of soap. if no problem, then go for it. its usually the fragrances that bother most kids.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We washed all his clothes in dreft before he was born. After that we used the same detergent we use. There has never been a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I washed all her clothes with whatever that Walmart brand was before she was born and than when she was born I continued to do so and she was always fine.
    I just recently switched to Gain and she's still ok with it.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009