Why does he think hes better than me?

We always fight and he thinks hes so much better than me because he went to U of M and i had a baby in high school so i never was able to stay in a dorm but now i am going to school but not U of M. What can i do so i don't feel so bad about myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Find a new man.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Men have egos that they need to feed. They always have to feel that they are biggest, strongest, fastest, etc. It seems as if he is allowing that to spill over into your relationship. If he can somehow make himself feel like he's better than you, then has won, he is the best, and it feeds his ego. This is often why men feel as though they need to make more money than their wives and have more accomplishments. It is an ego thing. If you were to "outdo" him in any way whatsoever, he would probably be crushed. You need to look yourself in the mirror everyday and say "I fully love and accept myself" until you believe it! Just let him be who he is...trust me it's just insecurity.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh woman let me tell you! My Mother married a man like that. Thought he was so much better than her. She ended up having a baby with him (my little sis) and after her he was mean to me too like only HIS blood was worthy. He treated both of us like we were stupid and ignorant. I dealt with this growing up for 11 years. My Mom finally left him, because my Sister was starting to act like it was okay to do the same to My Mom and I because her Dad did it... You don't want your babies growing up doing that to you. Once he was gone my sister stopped and never did it again and My Mom and I were happy.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• YA IF HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR YOU YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW MAN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• No one can make you feel bad about yourself. Remember you are a smart women and have had life to deal with and he has had is easier. A degree is a piece of paper that says you learned XYZ nothing more. When you finish your degree and you both are in a better place finacially you both will reap the benifits, a little support would be nice from him.
    My hubby tried to give me shit for gettimg my master and I truned to him and reitteratted how uch I have support his decision to be in the AF active duty and what I have given up, so all I want is support. He shut up and supports the idea now.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Tell him he has a small penis...that'll shut him up.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• he's using it to keep your self esteem down. That means he has issues and taking them out on you. It's a control thing to keep you down and emotionally dependent on him. He won't stop even if you get your degree no matter where you go. You have to decide if you want to be treated like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL@ amy.....and find a new man...I dont care what you look in the mirror and convince yourself, convince yourself that you can do better
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009