is this rediculous or is it just me?

So my SO and I have a 7 day old DS. My SO does not have a druvers license do to a second DUI a few months back. I took him to work this morning because I was heading to my parent house to do laundry anyway. So I am still currently at my parents house trying to finish it. He just called me and asked me to come pick him up take him home so he can shower then take him back to work so he can go to a steak dinner. I think that is way to much outside time for out son expecally since we live in AZ and it is currently 110 out! It is wrong of me to turn him down on the ride?

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 10:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can't he get a ride?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would tell him no

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• No way why does he have to shower to eat a steak dinner at work???? Don't do it tell him he needs to find another ride. You will come and get him and bring him home but thats it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i'd tell him to get a ride w/whoever he is going to dinner with. otherwise he doesn't get to go
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Huh? Are you walking somewhere? How is that outside time? It is fine for babies to be outside
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Not in 110 degree weather it isn't, especially a newborn!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Okay... It isn't okay for a newborn to be in 110 degree weather...if it can be helped. HOWEVER, they're not walking to the restaurant... they're friggin walking from the car in the parking lot to the restaurant... how is that any worse than walking to the house to the car? Can't you turn the AC on before the baby boy has to be in the car? Cool it down? :/

However, if you don't feel comfortable, then you don't feel comfortable. Let him know you have laundry to do, and .. make up an excuse. Your son is finally asleep, and you'd really hate to wake him up, can he not find a ride elsewhere?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Are you not invited to this dinner? it's only right you go too...Other than the fact that thats very rude it is way to much for your little one to be out in the heat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You drink and drive you pay the consequences. I hope he enjoys the fact that he could've killed someone getting in a car drunk and driving around. There is no excuse for that. Its his fault and problem he got his liscense taken away. Don't make it easy on him or he'll never learn his lesson.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• wow 7 days after I had my daughter I could still barely walk across the room.... of course I had so many stiches my midwife couldn't even tell me how many! good for you that you can get around so well.... but I would rest up as much as you can the first couple weeks and keep your baby home as much as possible for the first 6 weeks.... any infection they can catch under 8 weeks can be deadly... my daughter had a high temp at 7 weeks and had to be rushed to C.H.O.P. and have a spinal tap and everything.... tell you hubby to be more sensitive to what just happened to you and to think more about his baby's health. He needs to learn a lesson anyway or there will be a 3rd D.U.I
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009