What is the best way to freeze sweet corn?

I have heard that just cutting off the cob and freezing gives it a different taste! Should I boil it, blanch it or roast it first?

lonelyangel58

Asked by lonelyangel58 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've been doing this for 30 years: Cook the ears in boiling water for 6 minutes then remove it to an ice bath. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob. Put in plastic freezer baggies, remove as much air as possible and freeze.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• We always boil it in salted water. After 10 mins we drop it in an ice bath to stop the cooking. When completely cooled we cut it off the cob and the seal it in my vacuum sealer. They will keep at least 6 months in the freezer. We do this with a lot of fresh veggies at the end of summer.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i just put it in freezer bags on the cob and freeze it. then we either grill it in foil or boil it. is it better to cook it before freezing? i've never had a problem with taste myself doing it my way.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• PAR-BOIL IT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009