In need of opinion badly

okay so With Arnolds Furloughs Im being forced to move out of my home. I dont want to uproot my children from their schools or friends. I have 3 prospective homes but dont know which to choose. Tell me please which you would choose for your family.

The first house Is on the bad side of town. Bad neighborhood, filthy neighbors, not in my kids school district and waaaay out of town, but the house was just remodeled its a lovely little place with A/C.

Keep in mind I live in Ca where its around 110 in the summer.

The second house is in a great neighborhood its a BEAUTIFUL home. Close enough for my kids to stay in the same school. The only Downfall is there is no A/C. With me being pregnant and constantlt hot anyway I dont know if I could handle that. but I do love this house.

The third is actually in the right school district. Nice neighborhood, but its very dirty and moldy. the kitchen is all (contd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The kitchen is all mish moshed and nasty. I can bleach away the mold and clean the home to my standards, but I cook and eat in the kitchen as does my kids. I don’t know if I can live with a kitchen that’s disgusting to me. The man renting the property said he would sand the cabinets and paint them if I wanted. That would make it so much better… BUT! My Double door refrigerator does not fit in the slot this house provides. Nor does the house have an ice hookup for my freezer..

Which home would you get? I can clean the third I just don’t know about the fridge thing and the nasty kitchen.. Any advice?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• the one w/o the ac, you can get a window unit for about $100
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would get the 2nd and buy window a/c units
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Is there anyway you can choose the second home and buy a window unit A/C?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i would get the second house and just by an AC.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Why isn't house #2 air conditioned? I thought that was pretty standard in CA. Can you get them to add in a window unit? Otherwise, I would just go ahead and buy a couple window units and stick them in. Either way, you should go with #2. Even if you clean #3, there is a reason why there is mold. It probably would come back. That's dangerous!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yes, the mold can really be dangerous...my grandmothers house had mold, they would clean it with Clorox and it would be back in just a few days....it was a pain, and probably not good for her health.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• #2 and buy some a/c's.. Start checking out Craigslist and such for used one's even.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Go with the second home. You'll be happier there and you kids will be too. Try to get a window AC or two, and some fans. I'd rather be alittle hot and in a home I liked and felt safe in. From what I've heard mold is very hard to get rid of, you may be able to bleach away the mold you see, but who's to say it hasn't spread into the floor boards, or dry wall?
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Another vote for the second home and get window units.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009