• In the Spotlight:

fried corn nuggets

how do I make fried corn nuggets?
I have been craving them since I was pregnant. I tried them when my grammy in Newton, tx (a town that has a pop. of 500) took me to a rest. but I can't go to that rest. its too far.
So has any1 made these b4 or have a family member that makes them?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Corn-Nuggets/Detail.aspx

* 1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
    * 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
    * 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
    * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    * 1 egg white
    * 2 tablespoons milk
    * salt and pepper to taste
    * 3 cups vegetable oil for deep frying

DIRECTIONS
    1. In a medium bowl, stir together the creamed corn and drained whole kernel corn. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls of the corn mixture onto the sheet, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
    2. Heat one inch of oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large deep skillet, or fill a deep-fryer with oil as directed by the manufacturer.
    3. Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brow

Answer by Bmat at 11:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Fried corn nuggets for some reason sounds like the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of. I mean, I'm sure there good, but it just made me sick thinking about it-

Pregnancy, everything either sounds amazing, or completely nasty! LOL!!!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I dont know, but they sell ready made ones at Walmart....lol, ready made frozen is the way to go....lol ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009