this is an odddd question

i don't know why i even think about this but i wish that i was more articulate in the way that i sound. part of the problem is that i have braces so its messes up the way i speak esp "s" sounds. i hate it so much. but i also hate that i cant look at people in the eye when they talk to me. it shows that i'm self conscious.bugs the crap out of me even when i try. the articulation part bothers me too bc i feel like i can't speak very very clearly with great adult words haha...

weird question....but is there any way i can practice this? any books or anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try speech therapy. It could help :) best of luck!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 11:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• idk about the lisp thing but if looking people in the eye is to intense for you then try looking at their ears or eyebrows...i can't look people in the eye and that works for me
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I used to have a very thick Northern accent (I'm from NY) and I didn't like it. My brother told me to practice. That didn't help much. Later on that week (I think it was a week) we saw My Fair Lady on TV and he said, "Like that! Practice like that!!!" So, I copied the movie on my VCR. I kept watching My Fair Lady and singing and copying what Audrey Hepburn said through out the movie. I don't have a fake English accent, but I speak very clearly. I don't have and accent at all anymore (Unless I get mad, then I have a Spanish accent and I'm not even fluent in Spanish! lol)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2009