7 months

So today was an overly busy day for my family and 7 month old. Usually on a normal day even if we are busy he takes a morning nap for an hour after being awake for 2 hours and then about 11:30 or noon takes a 2 hour nap then around 4 takes a 1 hour nap then is ready for bed around between 9-11 pm. He usually wakes up around 7-8am too. Well today he skipped all naps and only cat napped for 30 min two times today. Is this gonna be a permanent change or is this something they do sparatically at 7 months. He is just now 7 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies are always changing and it is not unusual for them to decided to change their sleeping patterns. When they start getting more aware of everything going on around them then they really don't want to nap especially when they can participate in the fun! It could just be a fluke though and he might be back to normal tomorrow!  You never know with babies!!!

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It could just have been the excitement of the day, if we are doing something new my baby will not sleep, she's just too nosey.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• All three of my children went through crazy nap days/phases. As long as you're not running in constantly and killing yourself you should be fine. :) I assume he's still in a crib. Let him play if he's up, but keep the routine of putting him in the crib and settling him down. If it's the same naps for a couple days in a row, he may have settled into two naps a day. Then, later, one. My youngest just turned 18 months, and occasionally takes two naps again. Routine is the key, just keep that up, and you'll both be happy. :)
    cocoamug

Answer by cocoamug at 11:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My seven month old will go days where he will rarely nap at all. Some days he flat out does not nap. Other days, he will take a 4 hour nap. **shrug** I dunno. As long as he is happy, I don't see the need for an every day schedule.
    Gaia_Rain

Answer by Gaia_Rain at 12:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009