Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you keep accepting your moms rent money?

I am so angered by this I could just scream! My mom has been paying our rent for years now because my stupid husband can't get or keep a job.I can't get work because I've been out of work for so long being a sahm and I don't have 2 work references,all the jobs I talk to say they want that.It has ruined my already bad relationship with my mom,I don't think it's fair that she does this--except I will hopefully be paying it for myself soon because I inherited it but the money is going to last about a year in a half and then were right back to doing this again.If we do live on the streets or in a shelter I would like my child to live with my mom,is that too much to ask?I think if we lived in a shelter my husband would get serious about his **#!! situation. Kind answers please,already frustrated.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • She could be saving tons of money and spending it on herself,why is she such a @!!***itch?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • wow this is a tricky situation your in.... I dunno sorry... I'll pray for you

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • um maybe if your husband doesnt get his shit together, you should move in with your mom and have her watch your daughter while you work. you can find a job, im sure. try supermarkets, banks, etc. look in the classifieds. or she could watch her while you go back to school or some kind of trade school like hairdressing, etc. so that then you can get a job.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Thats a big fat can get a job without references all states have job programs human services, etc. to help everyone get a job. I was a stay at home mom for 7 years and I got an excellent job. So be SELF reliant, take care of YOUR family!!! YOU will feel so much better when you get down to business and get things taken care of yourself!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • I think maybe you should take your child and go to your mom's. Just you and your child. Tell your dh you do love him, but you can't live this way anymore. When he can provide for you and his child you will come back. Hopefully this will shake him up enough to get his sh*t together. Right now he doesn't have too, he's got the easy life now, he has his wife and his child and his rent paid....who wouldn't want that? Well not adults...but sometimes young men get stuck in the dependence thing. Shake him up, make him be a man and support his family. GL

    Answer by robinann5 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • How are you paying your other bills and for food??? Your DH needs to step up and be a man. And it just might take you leaving him to make him see the light. You can get jobs at fast food places and supermarkets without references. You just have to let the people know your situation and I am sure they will be understanding. Good luck!!!

    Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • i think that your just making excuses.. its easier to make excuses then it is to actually do something

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • My mom has a 4 bedroom house and hasn't said anything about us moving in with her,I'm afraid to ask,because I know the answer will be no.She said it one time,I don't know what's going to happen to you if I ever stop paying the rent.The problem is if she stops paying the rent and she has said she wants me to be a sahm instead of getting a job,but I have said,even a part-time job is better than nothing and she has agreed with that but still that wouldn't pay the rent, but she wants me to stay home and take care of my child. But if she stops paying the rent and if we live in a shelter and it will be several shelters because they are temporary, we won't be able to get another apartment until one of us gets a full-time job and I'm on s.s.i and we can't work fulltime, I'd rather live on the streets than give up my s.s.i..My mother has told me she is only paying our rent for the safety and sanity of my child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • Don't you think and kind answers please--that my mother is being a bit rediculus, paying our rent ,when she has a 4 bedroom house?I know she shouldn't have us there but it's like the same thing,were taking her money,she's suffering too?She plans to sell the house,she says but I think that's stupid when she see's us in need.She's going to move into a smaller house,she's wary of all the work that has to be done around the one she has..duh?That's what were for

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

  • IF hubby won't get his act together, you should be moving in with mom and getting some skills and education so that you can get a job. You may have ot start out in fast food or a grocery store but that is a start. There are normally plenty of places that will hire you without work history, but jobs are scarce for everyone right now.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2009