Nazi concentration camp survivor, 90, found strangled

The man survives Auschwitz, finds his wife after the war and all of it ends in senseless violence in New York. It's interesting that he was still working seven days a week, even though he was 90. A lot of people my age wouldn't stand for that!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/31/holocaust.survivor/index.html

jkt747

Asked by jkt747 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• that is horrible!!!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• How awful!!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's so sad! But, if he was strong enough to survive a concentration camp, I can definitely understand him working at his late age.
    I once had the opportunity to hear a survivor speak about her experiences, but I ended up going into labor. Go figure. I think it would have been amazing to hear it straight from someone who was there.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• And its because of such things as this that I would like to see public hangings brought back.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I can't bear to read it, the title alone breaks my heart. How horrible. :(
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 12:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I say they dust off "Old Sparky!"
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Wow, that was really sad.... Can't believe sh*t like this actually goes on... WTF is wrong with people?!?!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Agree yourspecial how sad :(
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• This makes me cry. One of my favorite books was "The Diary of Anne Frank" and I cried all the way thru that book. Watching "Schindler's List" gave me nightmares. I would like to know why there is so much hatred in this world---and a lot of it is in the USA. We need to view gangs as "terrorists" and deal with them. The leaders in the USA need to take care of we who pay taxes so that there is a President, a cabinet, a supreme court and don't forget the senate and the congress!!! Arrest those that cause harm to others and immediately. Don't wait for them to tell on others----you will get your chance with others who are in the KKK, gangs, etc. We all need to know we are safe.
    You can't take away the guns that people own because they need to protect themselves because we are not being protected by the people elected to offices. We should all be crying about this state of affairs!!
    Make your vote count!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That is really sad. I got to hear from an actual survivor of WWII. He told me some really terrible things about living ina concentration camp. I think it is so sad that a man who survived the horrors of WWII would die in such a terrible way.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 2:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009