Teething

My 7 month old is teething right now. On the bottom in the middle of his gums he has a bump like thing that looks like a tooth could pop anytime. Did yours ever have this and if so does it mean the tooth will be here soon? Its not a cyst either b/c I have seen what a cyst looks like

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter's four months and just got her first two teeth within days of each other last week... yes it's quite possible he'll wake up tomorrow with a brand new toofer!!!! Yay! Break out the baby oragel!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• dont ever use baby oragel.. it burns the gums and is actually worse for them! use teething gel/tablets/ ibuprofen not oragel!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My baby's teeth kept coming in and disappearing from the time he was 4 months until he was 7 months when he finally got one to stay. But they'd always look just like that right before they poked through then they were gone within 2 days. Those were a rough 3 months. Now he has 7 teeth. Yays.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• And baby orajel never really helped my son. Ibuprofin, teething tablets, and tylenol worked best. I would advise using ibuprofin first - it really helps more with tooth related problems. Trust me - I'm dealing with wisdom tooth issues and the tylenol doesn't do crap but the ibuprofin dulls it.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My baby is too young for ibuprofin.... and the doctor said the orajel is fine... I used it on myself first of course and no it doesn't burn... she smiles after i give it to her so don't think she would smil if it hurt her
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009