Effectiveness of vaginal foam + birth control pills?

How effective is the combination of vaginal foam and the pill if you've only been on the pill for a short period of time (less than a month)? I've heard that it's really effective (not like 99.9% of course), but I was wondering if you ladies know anything about it, because I've never used the foam before. Thanks in advance ladies!

BTW, don't bother suggesting condoms. I can't use condoms, I'm allergic to latex and lubricants and can not find non-latex, non-lubricated condoms anywhere, even online.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• I have used the foam by its self and never had any problems but that could just be luck! My doctor told me it takes two weeks for your pills to be effective but that could have just been my brand or something. We use the spermicide gel and that works great. I have used it for the last year and never had a scare. I do NOT suggest trying the film. All I can say is OUCH!

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• i havent gotten pregnant yet but we also use condoms,if you cant use the condoms then he should probably pull out just so the chances are slimmer
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• before i wanted to have any kids i did the pill,the foam,the condom and pulling out all the same time.lol
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2009