WHATS UP WITH ALL THE TWILIGHT HATERS?

I enjoyed the book series very much and i also like the movie. I cant wait til New Moon comes out. Why are there so many moms freaking out about how much they hate it. Is it becuase everyone else likes it and you want to be different? Have you EVEN READ the books. (PROBABLY NOT) I hate when people say they hate Twiluight, but havent even taken the time to read them. They just get bits and pieces of info and some names to make it seem like they know what they are talking about. What the hell is your issue? I think is so weird to have all this emotion and engery put into something you dont like. I think people who are so passionate about hating something should put towards something they actually like. What a waste of time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• um, okay you must really love this stuff.. i haven't read the books or seen the movies but idc to, i'm not into the vampire thing
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• OK I really figured that this was going to be a teen flick. Now i am 40 and broke down one day and rented it. Me and my youngest who is 11 watched it together. He also thought this was going to be dumb

We loveddddddddddd it!! and cannot wait until the next one comes out.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 12:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The story is good, the books, not so much. She is not a good writer. So someone who isn't very educated, or doesn't read much, would like these books.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I just answered this in another thread, but whatever.

Yes, I hate Twilight. And yes, I read the books. The first three, anyway, and I hated them.

I am an avid reader. I love fantasy. I do read about vampires and get into them. But this series was so poor on both a literary and conceptional level that I really have nothing good to say about it.

The writing is immature, full of generic cliches, pointless filler, and cheesy dialogue tags. The constant references to what characters look like is another sign of immature writing. The writing style droned on without calling any attention to action. (And before you ask, yes, I am a writer, and I wrote better novels when I was in high school.)

The characters are dull and two-dimensional. Each character is a cookie-cutter stereotype with one defining feature and no hidden surprises. Bella in particular was disappointing as she had no real personality. (cont.)
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I LOVE the books and the movie! I dont understand why people are rude about this book! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! Did you know your time is better spent being positive rather than negative!? Every minute you spend mad is 60 seconds or happiness waisted! and thatsnot what life is about! But I bet that Harry Potter had got some stupid bashers about it too! IDK what anyone thinks about it because if they dont like it, they obviously have never picked it up and read it!!!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• anon 12:12
    So basically you're calling me uneducated? WOW, really? Well I think you're immature and should go to bed since its probably past your bed time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• (cont) She was a blah character, had no real interests outside of Edward, had no defining sense of humor or speech style that set her apart as a character or developed her. She was purely reactionary.

The books had a disappointing lack of action. For a vampire/werewolf series, there is hardly any blood or violence. Whatever action there was, we barely got to see because Bella conveniently faints a lot or is carried away from the action for safety. This makes for a boring build and climax. For example, in the first book I got excited at the end to see a vampire fight, as I expected some badassery AT LAST, but...Bella passes out...and wakes up in the hospital, completely missing all and any interesting action. This is both an example of bad writing (covering up major events) and bad structure (writing in the first-person without allowing the narrator access to every major scene.) (cont.)
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:18 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• "The story is good, the books, not so much. She is not a good writer. So someone who isn't very educated, or doesn't read much, would like these books."

Didnt you just say you like the story? So how can you like the story but not the book? thats the same f*cking thing you idiot! And whos not educated!?

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ididn;t read the books but I saw the movie. I liked it but I do think some people go overboard with the obsession.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Seriously why do you care if people hate it? She isn't a good writer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2009