• In the Spotlight:

Exercise!

I need some good suggestions for exercising at home without equipment. I know the basics like sit ups, push-up, crunches, lunges......but what else have ya got for me??? I am just needed something different but that works! Thanks!!!

Frogbaby83

Asked by Frogbaby83 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Health

• I love exercisetv
    plus fittness.com has some exercises there too.
    There are plenty of sites out there, I just cant think of any right now!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• http://www.exercisetv.tv/ just look at different workouts until you find the ones you want to try
    luckyhart

Answer by luckyhart at 12:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• STAIRS!!!!

Running up and down in timed intervals can be GREAT! You can make up different interval patterns to "cross train!" Example: Run up the stairs as fast as you can...when you get to the top do 5 push ups and 5 sit ups, immediately run back down the stairs, repeat sit ups/push ups when you get there. Next time run up and down BACKWARDS, and add a sit up/push up. Then try running up the stairs by twos; try running up and down carrying cans of soup building up to detergent jugs of water, and so on!

Build up to a 20-30+ minute routine! You can even get creative with stretches and toning exercises using the stairs and railings as a prop!

Put a radio/CD in the hallway to motivate you! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009