How often do you keep your nephew or niece?

Do you often let your nephew or niece spend the night or weekend with you? I have a 2 and a half year old nephew and he crys when I leave his house and don't take him. I have kept him 3 days this week. Does your nephew or niece do this when you visit them?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't have a niece or nephew yet. :(
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• This is my one and only one. We have such a great relationship, I guess he is a bit rotten since he is my only one :D
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• That sounds like your sis/bro puts you in an awkward position. They should tell your nephew no. I wouldn't let my sis take my kids that often. I know she loves them, but she's got her own life and isn't supposed to be their babysitter.
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My nephew cries when I take my son home. Nephew is 3, mine is almost 1. I let my baby stay at my sister's house sometimes and my nephew LOVES it. He always asks if Owen can have a sleep over with him in his room. I can't have him stay with me because I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment right now.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh Gandeluv, I am not upset about it. I am grateful that my nephew is so attached to me. I think it is because I play with him and rough house with him when I have him. His mother works 10 hours a day and then drives for two hours a day back and forth. I so enjoy having him around, he is such a joy!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I had them 10 days straight at one time. :O!! I must be crazy. 3 of my nieces and my two. 5 that are5 and under! Not to mention I watch my other niece who is five 2 days a week. and normally once over night...
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 12:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have a 3 yearold niece she stays with me every other weekend but she wants go go home with me all the time also but her and my dd are both only children and the only two girls inthe family
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• they used to, my nephew especially. My mom was sick with Cancer so we all spent a lot of time together at her house so when she died, he was 3..he became very clingy with me. I think he associated me with his nana so whenever he missed her he would tell my sister to call me to come over. I took him to the park at least 3x a week if not more for at least an hour and half. Now that he is older and my sister is divorced and he lives with his dad, I see less and less of him :(
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 1:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my nephew is 9 and we just had him for a week.. he races motocross and so does my husband and we go camping and riding every year since he was 6
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I used to keep my niece a lot. Her and my DS are 2 weeks apart and her mom is a single mom who has to work so I used to offer to take her whenever she needed me. It helped her by not taking her to daycare and we had a blast! She is so spunky and DS loves when she comes over. We get to do a lot of fun things, but she is always happy when her mom comes to get her. The 2 kids are so cute they call each other on the phone to tell the other to come over, they are 2 so it's more demanding they come lol. I wish I still got her more but the daycare she goes to got strict and said if she wasn't there the full week then SIL was going to get charged more (daily instead of weekly) but we try to get together on the weekends.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 2, 2009