Sick of this b#$@ next door..

I AM TIRED OF THIS SILL B@#$! I have never had problems with a disruptive and rude neighbor. I have spoken to my landlord and he said he spoke to hers but to no avail (obviously - she and I got into a screaming match last Sunday). Her and her landlord seem to have a more than friendly relationship. I used to see him keeping her grounds daily and staying at her home for hours and he told me he was married. I don't see him much anymore. So I talked to my landlord and notified him of that. He says he understands now and will speak to him again, knowing me may not want to rock the boat with her. She blasts music all night with a live DJ and from her vehicle. I JUST called the police and they didn't even come. I was pissed. She hogs the drive way and when I asked her to pull up (politely - and my folks are witnesses) she went off and so did I. What else can I do? No other neighbors seem to care. Mind you, she says she's 50.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• And for the above anon who wondered what her age had to do with, I don't expect someone nearly twice my age to act like they're less than half of my age.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have one more year here and I WILL NOT pay to break my lease. I don't even have it like that.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• not sure what being 50 has to do with it? But I've had landlords myself and other tenants can be tough I agree. If her landlord is different from yours not sure what you can do about it aside from maybe civil court to complain against her for something like disrupting the peace, etc.

Is it a condo or apartment complex, homeowner's association that beyond your own landlord and her landlord you can complain to? Try call a tenant rights group, maybe they can help. Hope things get better for you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• we had a neighbor like that too, there was nothing else for us to do just to keep calling the police until they got tired of us calling so they came out, then after they left the neighbors were harrassing us through our windows and door so we just kept calling the cops will get tired of it and they got tired of it and ended fining them and they were evicted, hope your situation gets better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Keep calling the cops.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree with the above anon--keep calling the police. I am sure all that noise she is making during the night is against your city or county laws and ordinances and if you continue to report it, they WILL come out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009