shoulder pain in pregnancy

im in my first trimester...
ive only had shoulder pain two times
im thinking i slept on it wrong or something
but has anyone had shoulder pain
in pregnancy and everything came out alright?
trying to stay positive!
ive had a molar pregnancy a year ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Where is the shoulder pain? Are you having any abdominal pain? Any spotting or bleeding? Exactly how far along are you?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm not sure...I'm 32 weeks and suddenly experiencing shoulder pain. I was just wondering about it and then I saw your question lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Anon :12, yours is probably due to gas. No biggie :)

I asked the OP those questions because shoulder pain can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy. But usually you are well aware of the fact that something is terribly wrong before you experience the shoulder pain (because it's caused by blood accumulating in the abdomen and pressing on nerves that cause shoulder pain. The tube is usually ruptured by this time and it is EXCRUTIATINGLY painful).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• there really could be a lot of reasons for it but if it continues you should get it checked out because shoulder pain is one symptom for ectopic pregnancy, it is somewhat rare but it can happen better to be safe than sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Yeah, I had a lot of shoulder pain with all but my first. Had nothing to do with the pregnancies and they all came out fine. Call your l&d, doc, ob, nurse, some medical professional, just to be safe, but otherwise if it keeps bugging you see a chiropractor (safer than pain meds in pregnancy!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• im totally fine, no spotting, cramping nothing at all. just shoulder pain on and off. im 8 weeks
    i started trying again when i got the okay to after having a molar pregnancy a year ago, ill be seeing the doctor once im 10 weeks again on a high risk pregnancy since ive had a molar pregnancy its the tip of my shoulder and a little going down my arm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have it off and on. It happens to me when I sleep too long on one side.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 1:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009