My husband doesn't get it, Im 5 weeks and 2 days. He says im wrong

Ok im 5 weeks 2 days. First day of my last period was June 25, 2009. I found out i was pregnant July 20th. I did a total of 5 pregnancy tests with first response and the digital clear blue. I have not gone to the obgyn because im waiting to make a appt. works diff in the military. Well he says i cant be 5 weeks pregnant because it hasnt been 5 weeks. He came home from iraq july 7th and obviously i was ovulating that week! I told him fetus age and pregnancy weeks are two different things and he doesnt understand. i went to a bunch of pregnancy due date calculators and they all say 5 weeks 2 days and due April 1, 2010. Can someone please explain to me how it works so i can tell him? I know from conception is when you get pregnant but he also doesnt get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem with my fiance. He was in jail (driving under suspension, for the 5th time lol) and I got pregnant as soon as he got out. He didn't understand when I told him how far along I was because it made it sound like I conceived while he was in jail. Explain to him that your due date is not calculated based on when you conceived...they doctors base it off of the FIRST day of your LAST menstrual period. Because most women ovulate 2 weeks into their cycle and in turn conceive two weeks into their cycle that ends up adding an extra 2 weeks to what you would expect to hear. In reality...if you are "5 weeks" you conceived 3 weeks ago BUT the first day of your last menstrual cycle was 5 weeks ago. A lot of guys and even women don't understand this.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• how far along u are is based on ur first day of ur last period
    how far along u baby actually is, is usually 2 weeks less than that (that is called gestation)

basically you say you are far u are by saying how long its been from the first day of ur last period.
    But yes ur baby would only be a few weeks gestation. which is when the sperm actually met the egg...Im pretty sure
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• ju7st tell him u measure how far along u are based off ur period not when sperm met egg....look it up online so he can have proof that its true
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Yeah. If explaining it the way that we have both said doesn't help him understand...simply have him google "how to calculate your due date" and it will tell him the due date is calculated based on the first day of your last menstrual cycle.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• tahnks, i did look it up online and gestational age is different then the weeks of pregnancy. I told him im 5 weeks 2 days because my last period was june 25th. and he says no thats not right you where on your period. I kept telling him the babies age is different, and he just stays blank LOL. and he wont stop asking me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• okay this whole fetal age and conception date confused the hell out of me and my babys dad too. explain it like this....

a woman ovulates every 28 days or so, right? there is a certain window of time when, if you have sex, you will most likely get pregnant.

that window of time is INCLUDED in the pregnancy calculation, even if the baby didnt exist. you were ovulating, and the egg was feritilized. it doesnt count from that "moment of conception". it is actually counting from the time your egg was released from your fallopian tubes and was traveling down to meet his sperm.

does that make sense? make him a drawing if you have to!
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• try to focus instead on being pregnant and getting him to doc with you. in the realm of your pregnancy this at this point how far along are you really doesn't matter. make your docs app. and see if hubby can go to. buy a journal and ask him to write in it every day of what he, you did together that day - for baby to read when older. Congratulations and I'm glad your hubby's home, thank you and him for your sacrifices for our military!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• anon1242 here ... cuz in the pregnancy your fetal age and due date both will change cause of baby's growth rate of extra fast, a bit slower etc. I had a ton of ultrasounds for my 3 pregnancies and they all changed dates each time cuz of baby's growth. Enjoy your pregnancy!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Thats my hubbys birthday. He said if you havd the baby that day to comment and tell me because he has alwayr wanted to know someone who was born that day to.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 2:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ok I am lost, you said your hubby got home July 7so Aug 4 would be only 4 weeks since hes been home so how can u get prego if he was not home? So u should be less than 4 weeks or close to it.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2009