What is the most severe Mommy F-up you've made to date?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My then 17 month old daughter ate an ambien. I guess I was so sleep deprived (yes, I am noting the irony) that I broke on in half and left it on the counter, rather than putting it back into the child proof container and back into the top shelf of the closet. *sigh*

Ambien does not make babies sleep.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• you want a list? LOL
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• when my son was approx. 14mos old we went to lunch as a family. I ordered him a fresh fruit cup as an appetizer and when it arrived I looked it over briefly and decided it was in small enough pieces that I didn't need to cut it up. Turns out it had been in the back of the fridge and had ended up FROZEN SOLID.... son choked and was blue-ish and that's not even the worst part. I completely lost my senses and stood there like a zombie watching him, and watching my husband watch me. (I am the one with the CPR training and a nursing assistant degree from pre marriage days) I stood there watching thinking completely awful things like "hmmm is he really choking? will he cough it up? should i call someone"? etc etc. Luckily my husband is better in a crisis than I am and grabbed him, sending the highchair FLYING and snapping the seatbelt and flipped him upside down and whacked him hard a bunch of times til we saw rock hard melon appear
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I had reglan for my migraines because they make me really naseous.. My purse was on top of the computer desk and zipped up. The reglan was in a childproof bottle. My son was playing happily with his bus on the living room floor. He was 11 months old. I had a tummy thing going on so I went to the bathroom and it took me about 5 minutes. When I got out, my son had managed to get my purse down, get it unzipped, and open the cap. The pills were scattered all over the floor and some of them looked slobbery. I grabbed him, put him in his stroller, called his daddy - who was on duty with the car - and RAN to the hospital. Thank God we only lived a few blocks away. My husband was about the same distance away and I still beat him there. Now I never go to the bathroom without taking the baby with me.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 1:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• but my most HUMILIATING was my daughters 3 month shots/exam. Son was 22 mos at that time so I had my hands full and was dealing with debilitating post baby gall bladder attacks as well. Dr. took her diaper off to check her hips and privates and there on her pasty white genitals was pressed a nickle and a penny. He was not amused and if I'd had more energy/time I would've changed dr's. (I think I changed her diaper in some totally random place like the basement floor, maybe, and was beyond the newborn stage of laying down a nice clean towel or blanket every time. Even at the dr's, though, when it had only been like an hour since her last diaper change I really had NOOO idea where or how it happened) Now 3 years later my husband jokes and pisses me off saying i really don't know much about diaper "change"... haw haw haw. PS.... I got a 40 minute choking hazard lecture
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• When my son was first born, I was sooooo scarred of driving with him because I was scarred of getting into an accident. Still am actaully and he just turned three. Anyway! When he was only a few weeks old I took him to the doctor for a check up. I carried in his carrier and when we were done I just fastened it back in the car and drove home. When I brought him in the house and went to get him out of the carrier, I realized I had never even fastened his harness back on. I cried and thought I was the worst mom ever. That was a horrible feeling thinking that I could have had an accident and something could have happened to him.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Oh gosh there are so many lol. I had to call Poison control twice in one week when my son figured out how to under childproof locks and how to turn door knobs. He ate an entire roll of tums (next diaper was SO gross) and he drank non-acetone nail polish remover. Then there were the times he grabbed hot stuff. He put my curling iron on his head and another time he grabbed the iron. Oh yea then one time he dumped water on the rugs when he was taking a bath so i brought they outside to dry and he decided to get out of the tub. He slipped and landed square on his tush and had a bruise for like 2 weeks.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Just yesterday I left my 2 month old on my bed (he was sleeping when I walked out of the room) to start on dinner. Next thing I hear THUD and then screaming. I've never felt worse.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have 3 kids too may f-ups to list. LOL!
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• When my son just started learning how to crawl I was still smoking. My cigarettes were up on the kitchen table in my purse, however my purse wasn't zipped because up until that day my son had crawled a total of 5 feet in his entire life. This particular evening he was playing on the floor and I went to the bathroom to pee. When I came out he had crawled over to the table (not far from where he was) but had also managed to pull himself up, pull down my purse, which the cigarettes fell out of and eat one. I walked out of the bathroom to him trying to spit tobacco out of his mouth. I immediately ran him over to the sink and induced vomiting, then called poison control. Luckily since I had induced vomiting so quickly non of the tobacco was ingested, so there was no er visit or and damage done. I threw the rest of that pack of cigarettes out in the trash and to this day never touched one again. I felt soooo horrible
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2009