• In the Spotlight:

whats YOUR feeding system?

do you wait until your baby starts crying or do you have a bottle ready to feed based on what time it is?i want to know how you personally do it.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 1:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I breastfeed, and my daughter knows sign language and is starting to say "nurse" so I just let her ask for it. Before she could do that I waited until she showed signs of hunger, but never let it go long enough for her to cry.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• once they cry for food then you've gone too long....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my son nursed on demand. a lot of knowing when to feed your baby is learning their signals. if you watch, you can tell when they want to eat, when they are tired, not feeling well, etc.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• my son always puts his hand in his mouth and makes tiny little grunting noises when he wants to eat. hes six weeks old and when they're super young like that its hard to have them eat on a schedule. you can pretty much count on feeding them every time they wake up and before they go back to sleep.
    littlemomma899

Answer by littlemomma899 at 6:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Once they cry you've waited to long. I always feed my baby girl at the first sign of hunger to avoid any tears but she's breastfed so she doesnt have to wait for me to make a bottle.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2009