help hurts tmi im 29 wks

ok is it normal to feel slight pain when i try to poop sometimes an slight tighteening in stomach its been happening for bout 4days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi,

My name is Terri & I am a mommy of 3 & certified doula. Considering that you are only 29 weeks, I would suggest talking to your doctor or midwife to rule out pre-term labor. The tightning sounds like you could be having contractions, but they are most likely braxton hicks & nothing to worry about. As far as having pain with a BM, that can be very normal, especially if your stool is large &/or hard. you may want to ask your ob about taking stool softeners. There is also the possibility of having an internal hemmoroid which can be common during pregnancy, especially in the last trimester. Feel free to call me at (858)488-3706 if you have any further questions or need advice. Don't worry to much as stress is never good, especially during pregnancy. Also, make sure you are drinking LOTS of water, eating healthy & taking a good prenatal vitamin.

Terri
    www.makingsaferchoices.com
    MeltologyMama

Answer by MeltologyMama at 2:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Does it happen and then all of a sudden it feels like the poop is almost moving out of it's own volition? If so, it's an intestinal contraction. Your intestines always do that, but I've noticed that I can feel it too after having had my daughter. It's nothing to worry about :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2009