In say, 3 months time how many physical PAPER CHECKS do u write?

we just moved and I realized there's no purpose in me buying new checks... I haven't used them more than 5 times in the last 6mos or so. Anyone else?

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• Three we only write them for rent

Answer by mommypip at 3:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Probably not even a handful. Most of our bills are taken out of our account automatically or we just make phone or internet payments and we use our debit card for most purchases.

Answer by allans_girl at 1:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• none, we dont write any checks, we do money orders so the account will always be up to date

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Just the occasional check for my daughter's school; everything else is online.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Maybe one, if. In fact I was looking at my statements online, at work, yesterday trying to find my routing number (I can see copies of written checks) I had to look back 3 months!!! We have had the account for 5 years and still not used the first batch of checks we bought. lol

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Maybe 25. Every two weeks, I write a check out of our business account to pay into our personal account. Plus 6 checks to insurance companies (they don't take electronic payments), and 3 to pay our mortgage, because we always write for over the amount, and our bank doesn't set up electronic payments to principal only. Lately we have had a lot of medical bills too, so that's probably another 10-12 there. All of our regular bills are paid electronically.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• 6- 2 each month. One for rent and one for water.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I write 2 a month for rent... That's it. Otherwise I don't write them at all! They just aren't safe enough...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I pay most of my bills by phone,internet ,and one bill in person.For our personal items I pay with debit or cash.

Answer by monica-alvarez at 10:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2009