If someone needed mouth-to-mouth/CPR, but they were REALLY dirty and stinky, would you still do it?

Like if they were DISCUSTING like a HOBO on the side of the road who hasnt showered in months or brushed their teeth.

I hate to be rude but I probably wouldnt sry

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:05 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's hard. My mom had to do that once over thanksgiving weekend when we were kids. I just remember her coming back to the car with droplets on her face. Carry a face shield, it can save a life.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 2:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would, but I carry a face shield on my key chain. I might reconsider if I didn't have it. I actually caught bronchitis from a man I did CPR on. That's why I now have face shield.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 2:18 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I carry a face shield too. One time, I attempted to give CPR to a badly injured man that had been thrown out of his car. I didn't have a face shield and there was blood all over his face. So, I made a fist and blew through it.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I would blow through the fist and look up into the sky and say "You better remember this Lord". I mean really, could you really have the knowledge to save a persons life, whether, stinky, ugly, dirty, hell, maybe someone you even hate. If you know how to I believe you have a duty.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oops, left out the part about could you really have this knowledge and not use it?
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Do not ever need CPR around me. I don't touch people. In fact, don't need any medical assistance from me. I can't make phone calls to strangers, either. And since another issue I have is I lack the ability to empathize, there are only a few people I would actually feel bad about it over.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:31 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ever been tempted to not? I took care of a real bumm in restraints. He had to pee and rather than saying something to me, he just rolled over, whipped it out and peed on the floor. I didn't even know what to say. I really wanted him to NOTstop breathing so I wouldn't have to be in that situation.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 2:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• It would be enough to just do the compressions until help arrived.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree with PrydferthMenyw, I've read that the mouth to mouth is not as important as clearing the breathing passageway and doing chest compressions and I would not be afraid to try to help. I have witnessed an unsuccessful mouth to mouth resuscitation.

LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Roachies mom you are a strange woman.You have some issues.I used to be a CNA /medical assistant.Yes I have used CPR tons of times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2009