I have noticed that juices with splenda have a higher nutrition value than ones that dont, but from what I have heard and researched splenda is a bad product, are there any juices that are high in nutrition that don't contain splenda?

trumomluv1

Asked by trumomluv1 at 2:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any juice that is 100% fruit juice is going to be more nutritious than one sweetened with splenda or sugar. No artificial sugars are good for you, and Splenda hasn't been around long enough to have thorough testing on the effect it has on humans long term. There are many 100% juice blends that taste great and are very healthy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Homemade!! I always make our juice at home. I've mad apple juice and orange juice, and lemonaid. They taste so much better homemade :~) Minimal processing means a minimal amount of the natural sugars in the juice are in your drink. Excess processing releases more of the natural sugars in fruit, giving you a higher sugar content than if you made it yourself.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I agree, stick to juices that are 100 percent fruit juice.. especially for a toddler, they don't need to be sweetened with sugar. My daughter much prefers this simply apple juice (its literally just pressed apple, not even any added water) over anything else :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• The only juices that are good are 100% juices and even better fresh home made juices. There is no need for sweeteners at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2009