preterm labor? HELP!

I am 34 weeks on monday. On friday i had diareha and my whole stomach and back ached. Not bad enough to call the dr just enough to annoy me. I went pee but when i wiped the tp was coverd in blood. I went to L and D. Immediatly, they moniterd me and i didnt have any contractions there. Then the dr did a pelvic exam and was shocked that i was dialated to 1cm already since he is my first. I was told to come back if i had any more symptoms of preterm labor. My mother never carried her children to term due to a weak cervix. Im terrified my little man will come early. What can i do to help him stay put? What clues can i look for so if i continue to dialate i will know and get the drugs to stop it? Any ideas, personal experiences would be a great comfort to me.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 2:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Put your feet up and relax! I am suprised the dr didn't put you on bed rest. Oh and don't forget to drink lots of water. Dehydration can cause contractions. In the summer you need to be drinking 8-12oz of water an hour to stay hydrated!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 2, 2009