• In the Spotlight:

how do you..? TMI

how do you keep from getting those red bumps a couple days after you shave your vagina(if you do)..and is it just me or does it itch when the hair starts growing back?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• it itches when the hair comes back.
    and i wonder how you can get the red bumps to not come lol i hate those damn things.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• How long have you been shaving? If you are new to shaving your pubic area, then the skin needs to get used to it. So it may take a while until the bumps and itching goes away. For me it took a few months but then it was gone.
    luv2duv

Answer by luv2duv at 10:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I'm almost 23 and have been shaving there since I was 15 so that's almost 8 years and I still get the bumps sometimes I think you need to shave different directions using a mans Gillette razor like the mach 3 and use a shaving cream and after your done apply lotion

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have found that shaving with the hair instead of against it helps with the bumps (if that makes any sense lol)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I think it really depends on the person. I shave and have never gotten any bumps, but I know a few women who do. Weird...
    It does itch when it grows back though! Lol
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I don't shave bald, I keep a landing strip but I put a little bit of the dove deodorant on it. I use the deodorant that reduces shaving stubble on your underarms. Mind you I don't put it "in" anywhere just on the panty line where I have the biggest tendency to get bumps.

LuvNMyBbs

Answer by LuvNMyBbs at 5:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• i shave with the hair and then apply babies butt butter after. Im not sure if its Dr. Browns or what but you can get it at walmart or target
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 10:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009