Teething?

my 2 month old daughter has been very fussy and chewing her hands, not only that but . .
her poop is cake-y [?]
she chews her bottle nipples and has bitten my nipples
she rubs her cheeks
she has a low grade fever
very clingy . .

any advice?

iiloveu

Asked by iiloveu at 2:47 AM on Aug. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not really much to do, just wait and see if a tooth pops up :) and tylenol will help if she has pain from it, or try teething tablets!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• baby tylenol, baby oragel, and a cold teething ring... oh and patience... good luck
    tonibologna

Answer by tonibologna at 3:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Same symtoms with my daughter she will be 3 months on the 9th. I put the Baby Oragel in the freezer. I got the cooling cucumber flavor. She couldn't stand the orginal or nightime. My Lily rejects teething rings at any temperature. She gnaws on my fingers and arms. Seems to soothe her to sleep. She tries to use my nipples as teething ring also.

Good Luck to you. If you find any other remedies that seem to work, please let me know. Thanks
    LilyBearsMommy

Answer by LilyBearsMommy at 6:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My daughter hates teething rings. Tylenol works, though you should probably alternate with motrin just so she doesn't start to build up a resistance to it. Also walgreens and target carry this stuff called Gripe Water, it's more or less for colic but it works wonders to help with the tummy aches from teething. My Hailey has also started napping on her tummy in my lap. I guess she likes the warmth.
    nicolelynn86

Answer by nicolelynn86 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I've also heard that frozen waffles and bagel pieces are good for them to chew on, though they get kinda nasty when they're done.
    nicolelynn86

Answer by nicolelynn86 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• With our daughter, we used the Orajel teething swabs. We also alternated between Motrin and Tylenol. She also liked teething rings.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 1:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• oh munchkin makes a thing that you can put like a peice of apple in and its mesh and made for them to chew on without getting big peices to choke on... that way if she doesnt like a teething ring she can get the flavor of the fruit...
    tonibologna

Answer by tonibologna at 1:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2009